What is Aging in Place?
Aging in Place is living in one’s own home and community safely, independently and comfortably, regardless of age, income or ability level. Long time home owners overwhelmingly prefer to stay in their community and in their familiar environment. To safely Age in Place we need to make home modifications. We need to improve safety, increase accessibility, improve mobility, and prevent falls.
According to the Center for Disease Control the best place to age is in the home that you live in independently and comfortably. You are able to stay in your own home by modifying your environment.
More common questions:
- How can my parents remain in the same community as they continue to age?
- How do I plan for future needs and physical changes?
- How do I prevent in-home accidents and falls for my parents?
- How do I improve my kitchen accessibility and comfort?
- How do I enhance bathroom safety and design?
- How do I approach new technology options for improved home safety?
- Are there challenges in your aging home that are keeping you from what you are used to?